dictionary file switching

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:25:11 +0200

Can you guys remember long ago I wanted to add more than a 1000 entries to
the dictionary?
Well I found the solution, making use  of the switch to configuration
function.
Its actually very simple, I just  make copies of all the files and then give
it the name I specified in my script.
For me to switch to another dictionary file, I have to make copies of all
files  related to that application. In other words, I have to make copies of
the script documentation and source for internet explorer as well as the
configuration file and the  key map files.  Then I give each of those the
name I  specified in my script.
So if I hear a typo on my survey page I just switch to the other dictionary
file.
But what I want to do now is switch  back to internet explorer.jdf.
Say for instance I come across a typoe which is not in the.jdf file which is
full, I want to switch back to  internet explorer.jdf to add entries to it.
Because what I did, I filled up the internet explorer .jdf file till it
contains 1000  entries.
Then I made copies of everything and I renamed them, so now  jaws created a
new blank internet explorer.jdf file and the one I have  copied and renamed
is the full one.
But now I came across a typoe which is not in the full one so I want to
switch back to  internet explorer.jdf to add it there.
Currently I have to go to the desktop and then back to IE with alt+tab.
Is there a way to switch between different configuration bases easily|? I
want it to work the same as the screen echo and typing echo .  I want it  to
switch to another base with each press.
Say for instance my  script keystroke is alt+b, now 1.jdf is  currently
being used by jaws, now I want to go back to internet explorer.jdf, is there
a way to script jaws so that I can press the keystroke and  in this way
switch between all the bases?