desktop muted

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:19:30 +0100

 update I was sent instructions by Chris to put it right, however I had turned
desktop off for a rest, that is the windows 7 64 bit jaws 11 computer, this
time no desktop loaded up or any  blue logo for jaws on left of screen I heard
the squeak of scanner loading and maybe printer but only thing I can get on
desktop is a round bright  circle and in it I think it says Dell it is the Dell
logo but static, I have tried turning it off and back on nothing better I have
2 external drives on top of desktop they are warm and vibrating,without a
desktop  on screen the instructions sent in won't work I am very tired this is
the second time the dell windows 7 has muted,but at least earlier in day the
icons of desktop and Jaws flag were there I am giving up as I have been trying
for hours.    incidentally I see someone mentions safe mode well if you  want
safe mode it is an option, if you turn off a computer badly it may on reloading
offer you the option to run in safe mode I think it is given a chance to put
itself back in shape ,you can do some work in safe mode but nothing stressful
on machine,that is not my problem but I have had it happen my desktop is
unhappy if turned off badly or if it has crashed my old laptop is a blessing at
the moment Dorothy!!