dell agony

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 18:17:01 -0000

 I had a visit from dell engineer today he was very unpleasant indeed, wouldn't
listen said he had only come to replace a CD draw, he pulled out my  2 external
drives and I had to get a stranger in from street to find them, jaws says it is
only working in demo mode, it was my last update to jaws 12 I do have the 20
digits on a tape somewhere if I can find it the dell man only wanted a
signature and to tear off I have sent a sharp email to dell support, meanwhile
I understand from fellow jaws users  that any change of hardware makes jaws
think I have a new machine and  thus it works in demo mode. I am typing this
from my old XP laptop mercifully still running,but the local engineer phoned
and he was baffled but will come on Thursday evening I am wondering if I will
have problems getting another reset if that is what I need, my friend in UK
says he had good service from dell,but the man only wanted a signature on
paper,he had to put my hand where to sign I asked him to"read to me what you
have yelled at me to sign he shot off and slammed door, then I couldn't find
the router or 2 external drives and a stranger helped me well that is often the
case I hope the email I have sent back to dell support will get a reply  Dorothy