Re: delete ing messages

  • From: "John Miller" <n1umj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:46:27 -0500

If you just hit delete, messages to go the deleted items folder in outlook
express, arrow through the folders and it's there. If you've never been
there, you probably have thousands of messages in there, I know once upon a
time I did, my sent items folder got over full once too. IF you want outlook
express to just get rid of everything in your deleted items folder in
outlook express when you close the program, just go in to the tools menu,
then options, control tab to maintenance, and tab through, there's a check
box there for empty deleted items folder when you close the program, check
that and the usual to confirm and you're set, every time you close outlook
express it will empty your deleted items folder,  sent items you'll have to
do yourself and that's a good idea to do now and then as that can get very
full.