Re: dates in the dictionary manager

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:57:59 -0500

Ted,

Remember that Nicol is writing from South Africa, where date styling is different. I know there's at least one other South African subscriber to this list. I wonder if others there are experiencing the problem. If so, they need to notify FS. But this is an old thread, and maybe the question has been resolved.
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nicol Oosthuizen Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 1:38 AM

HI joseph I found out what the problem was why the translation option didn't want to work. First of all, regardless whether some translation or extended translation is selected, if either of those 2 options are enabled, dates will only be recognized when there is a dash; not when year, month and day is separated with any other character such as a slash or a period and some agents even separate year, month and date with spaces. So that doesn't work for me. Also when either some or extended translation is selected, and a date is written 2007-01-19 jaws would read it as January 19 2007. I prefer only to hear: 19 january as its obvious that the year is 2007. if a date like 2006-01-19 is in a service request yes then its ok if jaws pronounce it as January 19 2006. But all right I can still cope with hearing 2007. The big problem is: it doesn't recognize characters other than the dash as a seperation character.