crackling speech

  • From: "Vic Llanes" <v.llanes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:39:25 -0400

Hi all! Just looking for any suggestions and asking if anyone has run into
this problem.

I just got a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6995 with Windows 7, 6GB ofDDr3 ram,
dual core 2.13GHZ processor, NVIDIA g-force video, realtek high-definition
audio. I'm using Jaws V11. The sound from the laptop is really good for
music but the speech synthesizer is somewhat crackly. It is something like
the problem long ago with the SoundBlaster live and jaws maybe version 4 or
5 until a patch came out. This crackling is almost nonexistent in Kurzweil
1000 but is still there a bit. I turned off all the power saving feature for
the sound card but the problem stays the same.

I really like all the goodies that comes with this Toshiba model but I don't
want to be stuck with this kind of problem. should I exchange it for
something else or should I wait for an update or what? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Vic