Re: copying email sender's address

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:18:38 -0600 (CST)

The keystroke for the function has not been defined under JAWS. One has to go into the keyboard manager and define whatever keystroke one would like for this function.

1. Go into the keyboard manager with JAWS key+8.

2. Make sure you are on the keyboard configruation for Outlook or Outlook Express.

3. Tab to the list of keyboard definitions, and type repl in rapid succession to get to the "reply directly to sender" definition.

4. Hit control+a to add a definition.

5. Choose the key you want to define for this function. In the 7.1 beta, FS has chosen insert+shift+r, which seems as good a keystroke as any. Enter this keystroke.

6. It will ask you to confirm. Hit spacebar to do so. Then close the keyboard manager.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Yardbird wrote:

once more, please explain.  What do people mean here by saying you have to
perform this function manually and there is not a keystroke?  How does one
perform this function manually?  What does that mean in this context?  If it
were something that could be done from the Outlook Express menus, but had no
corresponding hotkey command, I could understand saying this.  But this is a
Jaws function, and, as I've said, I don't know any Jaws function used while
in an application that does *not* entail using keystrokes.  Could someone
please put this differently, if you understand what I'm asking?  Thank you
very much.
Thank you very much for explaining.