Re: copy a web address

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:01:44 -0700

Going into the address bar by pressing Alt D is fine, and so is using
Control C to copy something to clipboard. But first you have to be sure
you've actually selected something to copy, say by pressing home to go to
the beginning of the URL,pressing shift end to select the entire URL to the
end of the line, and only then pressing Control C to copy. Did Windows say
"nothing selected?" That would be my guess what must have happened, from
your description.