converting a table to plain text in MSWord 2000

  • From: Troy Burnham <tburnham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:10:24 -0600

Hi All,
I received a document with a .doc extension from my job that I need to read
but when I open it up in MSWord 2000 it is a table.  Is there any way to
convert this table to just a text document and if so how would I do it?  Of
course when I convert it it would still need to be set up the same way in
the columns because it is abbreviations that I'm not supposed to use and it
appears that the first column is the abbreviation and then maybe the second
column is the reason not to use that abbreviation.  I'm assuming that
there's only two columns but there may be more, I just can't tell since I'm
not familiar with the commands for reading tables.  And if it cannot be
converted then where can I find the commands for reading tables?

Thanks for any help on this matter.
Troy