connection problems

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 19:22:21 -0000

 I see I messed up the last post again sorry but connection problems can be
various, I thought uac only mattered in windows 7?, I set mine to a 100  there
is a slider. other problems are if you have 2 computers as I do,old  XP laptop
going via wireless and main computer wired in they are part of a Work group,
once when my laptop could not see the desktop it was because the firewall was
set to "no exceptions,  that had to be unchecked., I know windows defender is
off by default if you are using  essentials  thanks Dorothy