comparing files and folders with Jaws

  • From: "Robert Logue" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:27:07 -0700

.Wow!  My drives are getting full.  I need to do a backup but don't have enough
room  This is because I have duplicates on 2 drives of my media files.  I think
I have 3 folders that contain my music, spread over 2 drives.  One of the
folders was used as a backup for my main drive.  That's how I got all these
duplicates.

I could back up everything if I could figure out which duplicates to delete.  I
just want to make sure I don't remove the wrong versions.  In some cases I've
deleted files from

Bobalbums on my main drive but kept them in the backup.  In other cases the
backup has had files removed and are missing.  They just disappeared and I
don't know how.

So, I really need a good file and folder comparison and duplicate finder.

I'm trying SyncBack.  It is fairly good with Jaws.  It does have a way to
compair files and folders but I haven't figure that part out with Jaws.