RE: check boxes in word

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:29:59 -0400

Hi again Tom,

one thing I should mention about protecting a Word form, just in case
you don't know this, is that you can no longer have access to any part
of the document, with the cursoring keys; you can only access the
controls.

you can still use the jaws cursor to read the screen, and this works ok
for reading the area immediately above and on the same line as the
control you happen to be on, but it means most of the document is
inaccessible to you.  therefore, if you don't know how to unprotect and
protect a form, it's a real necessity to learn how to do it so that when
it's necessary, you can unprotect the form so that you can read the
document in places you otherwise just can't get to.

if you find you're unprotecting the form so that you can change the
document, then the form itself needs some redesigning, since that's the
entire point of a protected form, you aren't supposed to need access to
change anything in the document except the data which goes into the
controls.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange