RE: changing language situation

  • From: "Lisle, Ted \(CHFS DMS\)" <Ted.Lisle@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:39:36 -0500

That's interesting.  all that should have been required was going back
to the language menu, as described in your note, and reselecting the
English version of Eloquence.  Fortunately, given the heavily accented
English, it's the first choice on that submenu.  There must be other
issues in play, if you had that much trouble.

That language can be a tricky thing. I've had some PDF files that
defaulted to a British accent, for reasons I was never able to fathom.
It's my personal opinion that British Eloquence sounds more than a
little silly, and any UK native would find it totally ridiculous.
However, as you point out, the actual foreign languages can be a God
send on texts written in that language, or even for occasional words and
phrases, which don't phoneticize properly in English.

Ted