can't get started with Windows Messenger

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:59:36 -0800

I'm not able to begin learning to use this with Jaws.  I click on the
program icon to launch it.  Then I get something that tells me it's the log
on window and asks me to sign in.  But I don't hear "edit" or anything, and
I can't tab around or find any more of a dialogue.  So I just hit Enter
(actually, that didn't do anything so I did that route to Jaws cursor thing
that sometimes behaves like a left mouse click, and the log on window
disappeared and the system tray came up, with the message Windows Messenger
Not Signed In.  I pressed Enter on that, and got presented once again with
that inscrutable log on window.

What's happening?  How do I set this baby up and activate it?

Thanks.