Re: cannot download jawss 6 except in 40 minute mode

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:22:36 -0600

Is it possible that you downloaded the wrong version? There are 2 versions,
one for the quella authorization and one for the internet license
manager.  I'm not sure which one you downloaded but from the message it
sounds like it was the one for the quella authorizations.  But what
puzzzles me is that you were asked for the registration disc. Typically
this doesn't happen.
Are you also saying that the first time around when you arrowed through the
menus that you did not find a utilities menu?  When you go through the menu
you should have options, utilities, language, help and about...
There is no "Utility Manager" that I know of in JAWS. There's a utilities
menu but not a utility manager persey.
  My suggestion is to completely uninstall JAWS 6 and re-install it, making
sure you downloaded the right version. If this happens again and you know
for 100% sure that you're authorized for JAWS 6, contact Tech support and
I'm sure they'll know what to do. At least they should.