RE: buying a computer

  • From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:33:18 -0600

Lou,
It all depends on what you do with your computer.
For those of us who are blind we just really don't need all that blazing
speed because we do not play a lot of virtual reality type games.
Most any computer over about 1.5 GHZ processor speed will process
Eloquence nicely.
Now, this may well sound like herisy but, you just might want to look
into a mini Mac because their new Tiger operating system includes a
screen reader.
Otherwise Consumer Reports gave the E Machine a very good rating.
If you wish please contact me privately so James won't have a stroke.
cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cy, the Ancient Okie...