braille display attributes and highlighting

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:18:11 -0700

Hi all:

I am using a Powerbraille 40 braille display and think that this may be an issue with all braille displays. has anyone noticed that when say, you bold something, it doesn't show up as such on the braille display, even though you have the attributes checked in configuration manager? also, when you do things such as push the start menu key, or anywhere where text is highlighted it has this annoying line that shows you this fact. I am an experienced braille user and I've read that this line may make it hard for new braille users to read what's on the display, but heck it makes it hard for any user. I can read it, I just have to concentrate more to do so. I've tried in previous versions of jaws (using jaws 7 now) to uncheck the checkbox that said highlight, but for some strange reason it was one of those boxes that wouldn't uncheck. any solution to this, or is it something I'm just going to have to deal with? I'm used to it now, but being that I'm subscribed to this list I'd figure I'd ask.