Re: bookmark in word

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:08:27 -0400

Julie,

    Here are some instructions on getting rid of bookmarks that came
from a newsletter that has stopped publication.  The newsletter was
geared for mouse users, but I think you should be able to follow along
okay.

    I'm sorry-I forget if someone told you how to create bookmarks in
the first place.  I don't use them as much as I should so can only go
by memory that they aren't obtrusive when you are reading a document
and hope someone who uses Word more often will correct me if this is
incorrect.  Anyway:

DELETING A BOOKMARK
After working with a document for a time, you may discover bookmarks
that you no longer need. As you delete text that contains a bookmark,
the bookmark is automatically deleted. However, if you want to
explicitly delete a bookmark, you can follow these steps:

   1. Select the Bookmark option from the Edit menu. (If you are using
      Word 97 or Word 2000, select the Bookmark option from the Insert
      menu.) You will see the Bookmark dialog box.
   2. Select the name of the bookmark you want to delete.
   3. Click on Delete. (The Cancel button changes to Close.)
   4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each bookmark you want to delete
   5. Click on Close.

    Hope this helps,
Margaret

"Julie Warrington" wrote:

thanks for the info.  Is it easily removed?  or if you didn't need to
use
the book mark you set up, does it effect your reading of a document?
thanks
for helping me understand.