Re: bogus sound editor (was Re: read now, Inportent!!!)

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:43:48 -0500

I'm copying this to Gui-Talk because there is a discussion of this
there as well.

I downloaded and briefly analyzed this application just now.  It
appears to have been created by writing a batch file and compiling it
into an executable program.  I can guarantee you that nobody is going
to write an effective sound editor replacement as a batch file, so I
must conclude this is not an accident but is a deliberate and
malicious attack on blind people.  I do not say this lightly, but I
say it with conviction.  I don't think I got an original copy of the
message advertising this thing; if someone has one, with all headers
intact, please send it to me.  I emphasize all headers intact though;
a normal forward and even some redirect/bounce functions in modern
mailers will not give me them all.

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 03:28:54PM -0500, Allison Mervis wrote:

   Don't you see? It's not a sound editing program at all! We've all been
   screwed over! This guy wrote a virus, not a program.

   Allison

   From: [3]mike babcock