Re: block quotes

  • From: Teresa Cochran <vegaspipistrelle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:15:30 -0800

Yes, it is an hTML formatting issue. In HTML, you can use specific terms to denote the beginning and end of a block quote.

Teresa
On 11/20/2009 2:38 PM, Adrian Spratt wrote:
I doubt this answers your question the way you want, but for academic
and other formal work, I block text by double spacing between the main
text and, say, the quotation. Then I indent the entire text to be
blocked and double-space again before returning to the main text. If the
main text is double-spaced, blocked text will be single-spaced.
But this doesn't explain how JAWS picks up that online text is blocked.
It sounds like an HTML issue. I'm sure someone else will enlighten us.