Re: block quotes

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:38:45 -0500

I doubt this answers your question the way you want, but for academic and other
formal work, I block text by double spacing between the main text and, say, the
quotation. Then I indent the entire text to be blocked and double-space again
before returning to the main text. If the main text is double-spaced, blocked
text will be single-spaced.

But this doesn't explain how JAWS picks up that online text is blocked. It
sounds like an HTML issue. I'm sure someone else will enlighten us.