Re: block quotes

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:28:26 -0500

It is information provided by JAWS to alert users that text is blocked, such as
with long quotations. If you don't want to hear "block quote" every time, as I
don't, here are Denny Huff's instructions on how to tell JAWS not to make this
verbalization. Note that he wrote two or three years ago, so you may want to
arrow down to HTML instead of pressing "h" in case the menu has changed. I
didn't re-test before writing this post.

Go to the configuration manager and load the default.
Do an alt s for settings.
Type an H for HTML.
The first tab is text.  Tab and uncheck, block quotes.
Press enter and do a control s to save.