Re: blind windows 7 users list

  • From: "Clark Friedrichs" <clark1f@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:01:48 -0500

Try this:

Welcome to the Blind windows 7 list.  Below you will find the rules and
guidelines for this list.  Please follow them to the best of your abilities.
This list is for the discussion of windows 7 and it's workings there in.
The main idea behind this list is to help people learn and use the windows 7
operating system.  This is and will be the first deciding factor when
considering if your topic is permitted or if it's off topic.  Just because
your computer is running windows 7, does not mean that your post will be on
topic.

Discussion of screen readers are not on topic on this list unless you can
prove in your post that what you are asking about directly relates to
windows 7 and the screen reader.  For example, Jaws is not reading the
contents of the display in control panel is on topic, but What is the key
stroke to read the entire screen in window eyes is off topic.  These types
of messages should be posted to lists about window eyes or the screen reader
they are pertaining to.

Think about the wording of your posts.  Make sure that what you are asking
is explained completely and to the best of your abilities.  For example, How
do you hide the desktop.  Maybe a better way of asking this so that more
people understand is. How do you remove the desktop from the tab order?
Being clear about what you want to know will lead to a quicker answer.
Always include Versions of programs and screen readers when asking for help.
For example, do not just say outlook, say outlook 2007 or whatever version
you are using.  The answers to many questions can be found much faster if
all information is provided in the first post.

Programs.  The discussion of programs can be allowed on the list, however,
this discussion should be related to the operation of the program in
question in its operation to windows 7.  Things with programs that are on
topic. Does "program" work in windows 7?  I am having trouble installing
"program" in windows 7, does this program work in windows 7 and how do I
need to go about installing it?  Does "Program work with NVDA and windows 7
is fine, however, your answer may depend upon if there is a NVDA user on the
list.  If you are not sure if a message is on topic, then please ask the
moderators off list by sending a message to
Blindwindows7-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
And wait for a reply.

As stated above, remember that just because you are running a PC with
windows 7, does not make the post on topic.  Always think of your questions
in that manner.

Rules.
1. Do not flame or in any way put down the users of the list.  We are all
here to learn, and while some of us grasp things really fast, others do not.
If you have a problem with a user, do not try to settle it on list.
2. Do not send jokes are in any way spam the list.  Off topic post will lead
to a warning, Moderation and/or removal from the list.  Also, putting the
words off topic, or OT at the beginning of a post does not in any way make
that post more on topic.
3. The use of bad language is not permitted on the list.
4. If you are not a moderator, then do not try to moderate the list.  There
is an owners email address that you can write to if you think something is
going on that shouldn't be.  Please use it.
5. The discussion of illegal software is not permitted.  Any one promoting
or discussing illegal software on the list will be moderated or removed from
the list.
6. This list is owned by Tom and Co owned by Rick.  If you think the
moderators are wrong, then you have the right to take the problem up with
either of the owners.
7. Always show respect to your fellow list members.  Remember that the ones
who are here helping are doing it of their own free will and don't have to
be.  The ones who are asking questions are doing so because they need help.
8. Please keep one line replys off the list if possible.  Messages that just
say thanks or I agree just tend to clutter the list.

If everybody follows these simple rules, then we can all find our ways to
leading more productive lives.

List email addresses.

To post.
Blindwindows7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .
To leave the list.
To go no mail, or stop mail for a short period.
Blindwindows7-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .
To return back to regular email.
Blindwindows7-normal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ..
To set the list to digest mode.
Blindwindows7-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . Note, you will need a yahoo ID set so
that you can view the messages from the web page.
To email the Moderators and owners.
Blindwindows7-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .