RE: bit levels

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:59:34 -0700

Hi,

Hmmm, this is one of those that I think people are having trouble with...

32-bit means that a computer can use up to 4 GB of RAM (2 to the power of 32
is about 4 billion). As a comparison, 64-bit allows one to use more than 4
GB of RAM (2 to the 64th power is way more than what computers can handle at
this point).

Cheers,

Joseph