Re: basic installation questions

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:41:29 -0500

Hi. Actually, the below information is somewhat incorrect. I say that
because you do have the choice of removing it, however, it is safe to
install the newer version on top of the older one, in fact when updating to
a later version, it will detect that an older version is there and it will
ask if you'd like to update. If you choose yes, it will update your JAWS to
the most recent version.   The murge feature *should* bring all of your
settings forward to the newer version but it never hurts to back them up.
Also do this if you choose to uninstall a version and then install a new
one in place  of it.