Re: any more on mozilla and experiences?

  • From: Dean Martineau <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:00:31 -0700

I am so profoundly dubious that any volunteer effort will replicate the
simultaneous access to tables, text, and forms that IE and JFW provides
through MSAA that, while I appreciate the thought of this, I can't see it
going anywhere useful.  Maybe they'll eventually get one thing right, like
maybe eventually you won't have to use the JAWS cursor to read web pages,
but all of it!  It's the same principle that ends up rendering the
well-meaning efforts at a low-cost screen reader ultimately fruitless.  For
people to spend the number of hours this takes requires motivation, and
that motivation usually comes in the form of monetary compensation.

Dean