Re: another work dilemma

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:46:38 -0500

Which version of Word?
At 09:29 PM 10/30/2009, you wrote:
Hi, folks.

Well, let's see if we can solve another of my work-related issues here.

At work, I am in a position where I receive edited documents that I create
in Microsoft Word, and send to my supervisor for his feedback.

When he does the editing, he does something in Word called "track changes
on".  What he does is insert comments into my prepared text, that I then
need to respond to by adding stuff, deleting stuff, or changing some of the
original text.

My problem is that I often can't tell where his changes are, and then, when
I try incorporating his suggested  changes into the document, I can't get
rid of his edits and replace them with mine.  Often, I get his edits, plus
my changes.

Has anyone had experience with this feature of Microsoft Word, and how do
you get around it with Jaws?

Thanks!

Tom Behler in Colorado