another Thunderbird e-mail question

  • From: "tom behler" <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:56:44 -0600

Hi, folks.

I hate to keep bugging you about my dilemmas in terms of getting Jaws to
work at least reasonably well with Thunderbird e-mail, but the tech support
folks at Freedom Scientific don't really have that much info  So, thanks for
bearing with me..

I have just been given a new computer at work, and am having another
interesting problem with Thunderbird e-mail.  On the work computer I was
using before, I was able to read and edit what I was writing in a reply, and
then go back to reading e-mails received without having to toggle the cursor
on and off using insert Z.  Since the original computer had Jaws 10 on it, I
installed Jaws 10 on the new computer, hoping for the same result.  But,
alas, I was not so lucky.  On the new computer, I found that I had to toggle
insert Z off to write and edit replies, and then back on to read e-mails
received.  Since Jaws 11 had just come out, I decided to see if the problem
would be  resolved with the new installation, but still, no luck.

Does anyone know what I can do to correct things, so that I don't have to be
toggling insert Z on and off all of the time while working in Thunderbird?
I have to believe that something in the Jaws settings needs to be changed,
but can't seem to find it when reviewing my Jaws configurations.

Thanks for anything you can do to help.

Sincerely,
Tom Behler in Colorado