Re: an audio question about burning cds with Windows Media 10 or Roxio Suite 6

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:55:11 -0600

Hi Jeff
First before I try and answer your questions here, I just wanted to let you
know that I took the liberty of removing your name from the subject of your
message.  Putting your name in the subject line really isn't necessary
since your name is already in the from field of all your messages. If you
put your name in the subject line we hear it twice, and that's really not
necessary.
Ok, on to answering your questions, or trying to. You ask:

>Last night I burned a cd with Windows Media 10 and some of the cd turned out
>all right but the rest was scratchy and skippy.
>

>I also have Roxio Suite 6?
>

>How can I burn the cd in either program and get a 100% clean cd?

Well, I've never used either of the 2 programs for burning cd's, but i
would suspect it's either a problem with the disc you're using, or it could
also be a bad burn.  I actually had a similar problem with a pack of cdr's
and it turns out the discs were bad because I tried exactly the same type
of cd with another brand and it worked just fine.  Actually i would highly
recommend Nero Burning Rom. Either version of 5 or 6 is really easy to use,
i have more experience with 5 than 6 but i know 6 is certainly usable with
JAWS.  So if you can get ahold of either version of that, you might have a
little more success.