Re: alternative XP search

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 22:15:26 -0700

MessageJim,

Have you used the "original" file search method? I don't know what else to call
it, so that's how I'm referring to it.

In MS-Explorer  (Windows+E to launch), make sure the drive or the folder you're
searching is in the folder pane and not in the treeview pane.
Alt+F and then e to bring up search.

This is a more accessible search dialog than the default one that launches with
Ctrl+F. Also when you exit the search with Alt+F4, you're still in the
MS-Explorer folder list, ready for more file activities.

Dave