altering volume on synthesized speech

  • From: "Kathleen A. Millhoff" <kmilhoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:07:10 +1000

Hi, List,
When I first sent this request for help it seemed rather simple.  Then, it
took me some time to wade through the anti-spam road-blocks.  can't say I
blame you.
I lost contact with this list a couple of months ago when a typhoon by the
name of Tingting flooded everything around here and power glitches (my
euphamism for surges and brown-outs and black-outs, etc.) sent my hard disk
drive and other things to the land of no return.
Anyway, sometime during everyone's attempt to fix things, the speech on my
computer is turned too far down and I can't get it back to the level I like
it - which is still quite low.  I know I read on this list (I still get the
messages) someone's thorough description of changing the volumne, but I
don't get results from going to the sounds sub-menu under control panel.
I'm confident that this little problem will hardly cause a ripple in the
list and can be resolved easily.  no spam.
by the way, here on Guam we have a special 60th anniversary spam being sold.
In 1944 American troops liberated Guam and ate (something posing as meat)
all the w;ay to VJ day.
best to all,
kat