RE: all JFW mail in its own folder

  • From: "Rex Leslie Howard, Jr." <hbk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:03:32 -0500

        1. Create your folder by going to "file/new." You will need to pay
close attention to where this folder is going to be placed. If you are =
under
the in box tree for instance, your folder will become a subfolder of the =
in
box. What I like to do is to go up to the top of the folder list so that =
my
new folder is not a subfolder of a subfolder of a subfolder. This will =
make
sense to you as you play around with this. Once you have created your =
folder
and have put it where you want it, you are ready to create the rule.

I won't go into a lot of detail here but I will try to give you enough
information to get started.

2. go to tools/message rule. I will assume that you want to set up a =
mail
message so choose mail from the list of two options available to you and
press enter. You will be in a box that wants you to specify a condition. =
If
you want to put jfw messages into a folder, choose the option that says
"where the from field contains people." To select that, press the =
spacebar
on that option. Now, tab to the next box and you will be in the "action"
box." You will most likely choose "move it to the specified folder." To =
do
that, press spacebar on that option to select it. Tab again and you will =
be
in the box that let's you define the conditions and actions. You will =
arrow
up and down through this. For instance, you will press enter on the =
"where
the from field contains people" and you will be in a dialog that =
requires
you to either select names from your address book or type in the email
address manually. With each address or name you select, you will need to
click the "add" button. When you have finished, click "okay." You will =
be
back in the box that let's you define your conditions and actions. Arrow
down to the "move it to the specified folder" item and press enter. You =
will
then select the folder you want to move items to. Then you will click =
ok, I
think. At any rate, the rule should be self-explanatory from here on out =
but
if you have any problems please don't hesitate to contact me at
hbk@xxxxxxxxxxxx and I will do my best to help you further. This works a =
lot
different in Microsoft Outlook.

I'm going out of town this evening but will be back tomorrow. Hope this
helps.

Sorry I've been a little vague but I don't have much time right now.

Rex