RE: advanced help needed with the jaws dictionary manager

  • From: "Nicol Oosthuizen" <NOosthuizen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:32:08 +0200

NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice

----
HI  joseph
try using other Dictionary file that corresponds to the
program you are using.
End quote
Joseph, that's what I have been doing all the time. I'm using internet
explorer 5-6.jdf. it's the dictionary file that corresponds with  both
windows explorer and internet  explorer.  I have been using both the
default dictionary file as well as internet explorer 5-6.jdf.
Let me tell you guys something else
ON  the html documents we receive with the service requests on them, it
also contains the agent's s number who created the    service request.
An s number   is like a user name associated with that agent's computer.
So what I did, I added all the s numbers to the default dictionary file.
I copy the s number from that html document, go to Microsoft outlook,
create a new message, type the s number in the to: field and then it
pops up  that agent's name. so then I copy that agent's name, go back to
the html document, put my cursor on the s number, activate default.jdf,
and then in the actual word field  the s number will be there
automatically because it places the word in the actual word field under
the cursor. So  in the replacement field I then paste the agent's name.
New people are constantly entering the call centre so I have to keep
one dictionary file only for s numbers.
Yes, it might help if I store typos and dates in both default.jdf and
internet explorer 5-6.jdf, but what if it happens that  the call centre
grew to 1000  employees then I have to create a second .jdf file for
more  s numbers and its more time consuming to add the  same s number to
another dictionary file so I have to keep one dictionary file only for s
numbers.
Secondly, you can use this feature to
eliminate excessive entries: There is a
setting in Configuration Manager that allows
you to have dates spoken as words.  Go to
Configuration Manager and press CTRL plus
Shift plus D.  Go to Menubar and select Set
Options, then select Text Processing Press
TAB until you see "Numeric Date Processing".
Press down arrow to select "Some Translation"
and press ENTER right there.  Press CTRL plus
S to save the file and press Alt f4 to
close Config Manager.  Now the next time JAWS
encounters a date, it will correctly read the
date for you.  In order to do this
effectively, you'll need to remove entries
that contains date.
End quote
Joseph, it doesn't work. I did a test in  Microsoft word as I have no
dates in Microsoft word. Jdf. I wrote the date 16/01/07 in a blank
document. Then I followed your  steps, selecting  some numeric
translation in default.jcf. But it doesn't work. It still reads the date
as digits, the way I typed it.--