RE: adding color to text

  • From: "Marquette, Ed" <Ed.Marquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:19:54 -0500

There is a third way to add color which, under the right circumstances, may be
faster than Barbara's methods.  I emphasize that the following circumstances
would need to be present for it actually to be faster:
1.  There would be a need to use 3 or more colors, and they would need to be
used over and over again in one or more documents; and
2.  Unless you know how to use style separators, you would need to do paragraph
at a time (text separated by paragraph markers).
Here is how it works:
1.  Go to Format and then Styles;
2.  Choose new style;
3.  Name the style something like "Color_Blue" (or whatever color you like);
4.  Use shift tab to get to the "format button" and then choose "font";
5.  Use Barbara's method to select the desired color and then OK your way back
to the text;
6.  Repeat the above for other colors you want to use.
Now, when you want a segment of text in a particular color, press Control plus
Shift plus S, down arrow or first letter navigate to "C" for color and then
pick the color you want.  Hit enter and you've done it.
Save the document as a template, and the next time you want to do text in
colors, bring up the template and use these styles.As you can see, initially,
it takes a little effort to set up the color styles, but once it is done,
applying them is a breeze, but do remember the conditions that make this method
advantageous.