RE: activation of jaws

  • From: "Cy Selfridge" <cyselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:53:47 -0700

You know, I do recall it used to be 5 and one needed to be a bit careful
with that authorization disk. (LOL)
I do resent the current way of doing things as almost anything you change on
the blamed computer will cause JAWS to think it is a new install.
In today's computer environment there is, surely, a better way to do things.
I have been a JAWS user for a good 15 years and I also resent the current FS
philosophy.
Oh well, there will come a day when FS will come to and realize that there
are some *affordable* alternatives to JAWS.
I would suspect that there are some pretty good alternatives today if you
are just a run of the mill JAWS user and are not trying to interface with a
corporate network, do remote processing and all that manner of things.
I am going to give NVDA a shot just to see what it is all about. I also
think SATOGo may be another choice.
This just ain't the same old world of no choice it was even 3 years ago.
Cy, The Anasazi