Re: access32 and new ilm

  • From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:07:19 -0500

Pat, in fact I read your message just after installing new ilm version of
Jas.  What can I say, I am a bit behind. IN truth I omitted a few things in
my earlier post. Before installing jfw ilm version, I remove the quella key;
not sure why I chose to do this, perhaps just to be cautious. It's now back
on my hard drive, and Jaws 5.1, and 4.51 both start using Access32 but jfw V
6.0 runs using Eloquence. Also I uninstalled Jaws 6.0 quella version, and
chose to remove all settings, including dictionary and script changes, and
settings for speech and sounds. I guess I also lost Access32 as a result of
this.  For some of us with certain types of hearing loss, access32 is great.
But I must admit that you can in time, get accustomed to Eloquence. I
honestly prefer Access32 in most cases. Anyway, I have an idea how to get
DecTalk32 working, but I wrote to support instead. I compared the difference
between jfw.ini in jfw 5.1, and jfw 6.0 ilm. Here is what I have in jfw.ini
for Jaws 5.1.

[Synthesizers]
Synth1Name=dtsoft
Synth1LongName=DECtalk Access32 Software
Synth1Driver=dtsoft
Synth2Name=eloq
Synth2LongName=Eloquence for JAWS
Synth2Driver=eloq
Synth3Name=NoSpeech
Synth3LongName=No Speech
Synth3Driver=nospeech

Following is for jfw V 6.0 ilm just to compare.

[Synthesizers]
Synth1Name=eloq
Synth1LongName=Eloquence for JAWS
Synth1Driver=eloq