RE: a weird problem I need help with

  • From: "Kirsten Edmondson" <kirsten.edmondson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:49:34 -0000

Thanks!!! That's sorted it!

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kirsten Edmondson
Sent: 14 November 2010 14:23
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; tafn-tec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: a weird problem I need help with

Hi,
One of my students has produced an essay for me, while she was in Germany.
However, for some bizarre reason when I open it, Jaws is reading the letters
as German, although the essay itself is written in English. This means it
does not make sense. I can't read it letter by letter, I'd never get a
proper gyst. Neither does it work to copy and paste it out into another
document.
Does anyone have any ideas - otherwise I am unable to mark it and will have
to ask her to retype it - which will be very hard to explain, because I am
sure this is a Jaws problem and when someone who can see reads it, it
probably looks exactly as it should as it is English words, just read with a
sort of German accent and the letter names are different of course. Though I
am fairly competent at German, it isn't that good ...
Thanks.

Alternative archives located at:

Alternative archives located at: