RE: You can use iPod software with Jaws

  • From: kstarrett5@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:09:03 +0000

Hi Aman,
Here are the steps I take to import tracks using Itunes:

When you put the CD in the drive Itunes will retrieve info from the database (I
think it's cddb). A list of all tracks currently on the ipod appears which you
can review using the jaws cursor. About 10 or 12 lines down the screen appears
the title of the CD currently in the drive. In front of the title there is a
graphic. Still with the jaws cursor, left-click on this graphic. Now a list of
the track names from that CD appears on the screen. Now switch to the pc
cursor. Press alt-F for the file menu then A for "add to library." You are now
in the place to enter filename. Back tab once and you find a list of tracks
which looks like "track01.cda, track02.cda etc. So if you know the song you
want is track05 you can move the cursor to that track, select it and any other
tracks you want and press enter. The import process will begin. A line appears
(around three lines from the top of the screen that tells you what song is
being imported. And Itunes will let you know when it's fini
 shed with one of those delightful windows sounds but to be sure you can check
for the "now importing" line. If nothing is being imported the line will not
appear.

If you have your ipod set to automatically update (the default) then the next
time you plug it into the usb cable the songs will be uploaded.

Hope this helps,

--
Kimberly Starrett
"Sharing an office is like being in a Beckett play...after everything has been