Yahoo sports broadcast volume issue

  • From: "Christopher Bartlett" <cwbtt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 07:07:23 -0700

Hi.  More media problems with Yahoo broadcasts.

I'd like to listen to college football games on Yahoo sports.  I found
the audio link for the game I wanted and started the playback, but the
volume was unhearably low.  For the life of me, I couldn't find a volume
control in the on-screen player.

1.  Has anyone else solved this problem, if so how?

2.  Is there a way to get these broadcasts to play in Winamp or if
necessary Real Player without having to go through the Yahoo player
which seems very inaccessible.

I'd also like to vent a bit.  It seems that Yahoo has been making things
harder and harder for us who can't see in the last year or so.  Does
anyone have a contact address where I could write to bring this to their
attention?

    Chris Bartlett