Re: Wrong Association of Application Scripts

  • From: "Dennis Brown" <DennisTBrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:55:00 -0500

When it says default, that doesn't necessarily mean that the default set is
active.  If the Mp3edit.jss doesn't have a script named ScriptFileName, then it
uses the default ScriptFileName script.
Look at the executable file name when you hit Insert+Q twice quickly.
The executable might not be mp3edit.exe any more.  If mp3edit loads another
module, then you'll need to add that module to confignames.ini with the mp3edit
script set as its script set.
For example, the Microsoft Outlook 2007 script set has several entries in
confignames.ini, so the main script set of Microsoft Outlook 2007 is always
loaded, even when the active module might be Outlook.exe, or OutLLib.dll, or
OutLLibR.dll, or OutEx.dll, and so on.
First step is to put a ScriptFileName script in your mp3edit.jss

Script ScriptFileName ()

 ScriptAndAppNames("mp3edit")

EndScript

This will let you know when your set is loaded.
Then use the mp3edit program and occasionally hit Insert+Q, especially when
your scripts aren't seeming to do what you want, and if it still isn't mp3edit,
take note of the executable's name and add it to confignames.ini.
This should get mp3edit scripts active in all modules associated with that
application.
Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Dennis Brown