Write Scripts for Easy Cd/DA Extractor?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:58:15 -0800

I bought this program because I was under the impression that it was Jaws
accessible, by which I thought someone had meant *really* Jaws accessible,
like, say, Outlook Express or something.  Well, it isn't.  In the months
since I bught it, I've upgraded it to a newer version or two, and I've tried
really hard to find my way around it using the Jaws cursor and my wits and
the tab key, but it remains nearly impenetrable to me.  Despite this, I've
actually managed to convert a few files from one format to another, and I've
managed one other function, too, though I can't remember which.  The reason
I can't remember is that each time I attempt to do something with this
program (which, from what I can make of it, appears to be very handily laid
out in its interface, if only the screen elements were in tab order, and
spoke good labels to the PC cursor, and stayed in focus), I have to try so
many things to find a control button or get into a tree view of my hard
drive to find a folder from which I want to copy and paste files, etc., that
I'm completely befuddled and can't even do the same thing again, just a
moment later.  I have no idea what I did that finally got me to a folder and
put a file in the box.

This is a long shot, but I'm asking:  Is there any chance that anyone would
consider writing Jaws scripts for this program?  I'd really enjoy being able
to use it (I'm even worse with Windows Media Player in the area for ripping
and burning, etc.).  Yes, I have CDex for ripping if I wish.  And I can copy
a CD using Sonic Record Now.  But on none of these programs am I able to
master putting files into one list box so they can be burned to disc or have
their formats changed, or any of that.  And Easy Cd/DA Extractor has not
only that same problem for me, but controls and screen elements some of
which read and others that don't, as you tab around it.  It doesn't behave
like a Jaws-ready program, and I'll bet it could work nicely with some
scripting.

If anyone skilled would be interested, I'd be willing to repay them for the
cost of the program, although I can't offer any more financial compensation
than that.  Anyone have any advice?  Anyone interested?

thanks.