Word tutorial for blind users

  • From: "Ken Hawk" <khawk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:44:05 -0500

Thank you, Chip Orange for this web site.
Ken Hawk.

Hi Ken, hope this helps John Wilson.
I don't have any tutorials  about learning how to use
JAWS in isolation, again, because it has its own help system, which is very
good,  and
was created for VI people.
However, in all of my From the Keyboard tutorials I make frequent mention of
JAWS hot keys for getting things done as
well as the general shortcuts of Windows. So, for example, my
Internet tutorials have lists of JAWS specific hot keys for use
on the Internet and feature reminders about these in the step by
step instructions in the practical sections. Similarly, any hot
keys for use in MS Word are listed and mentioned throughout the
MS Word tutorial, etc.
Most of my tutorials are written as plain text files to be read
on screen with your screenreader or printed out in large print
or they can even be sent through an embosser for brailing, if you have an
embosser.
The only Tutorials I have on standard two-track C90 cassettes
> are my tutorials called:
1. "Microsoft 97, 2000, 2002 and 2003 from the Keyboard.
2,  "Audio Playing, Copying and Sound Editing from the Keyboard"
Edition 2.
3. An introductory pair of C90 tapes for people considering
whether or not to purchase a PC or those who have just bought
one and want to get to grips with the basics of the Win 95, 98
and ME operating systems. These beginners tapes have also had
notes put at the ends of each relevant section to point out
where any differences are between such as Windows 98 and Windows
XP. The beginners tapes are called "VIPs Introduction to
Computers".
You can view more details and the TOCs for all of my tutorials
on my Website given below.
Should you wish to purchase any tutorials, please let me know,
when I will confirm prices and provide  payment details, address
for payment cheques, etc.
Best regards, John Wilson.
Author of From The Keyboard Tutorials
for Visually Impaired Computer Users
To view my tutorials, please visit my Website at:
Website: http://web.onetel.com/~fromthekeyboard
Tel: 0113 2575957
E-mail: jwjw@onetel.