RE: Word 2007 and Line Spacing

  • From: "George B" <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 07:58:52 -0800

Dave,
Sorry it took a while been busy...here is the info on how to change the
default document when word opens.

Word Help
Word Home

Creating specific documents

Templates
Change the Normal template (Normal.dotm )

The Normal.dotm template opens whenever you start Microsoft Office Word
2007, and it includes default styles and customizations that determine the
basic
look of a document.

Change the Normal.dotm template

Any changes that you make to Normal.dotm will be applied to documents that
you create in the future.

list of 5 items
1. Click the Microsoft Office Button
Button image
, and then click Open.
2. Do one of the following:
list of 2 items nesting level 1
? In Windows Vista:Click Templates, and then double-click the Normal.dotm
file to open it.

? In Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Click Templates
next to File name.

If no templates are listed in the Open dialog box, click the arrow next to
the Files of type box, and then click All Word Templates.

list end nesting level 1
3. To be certain that you're working in the default template, check to see
that Normal.dotm appears in the Word title bar.
4. Make any changes that you want to the fonts, margins, spacing, and other
settings. You can use the same commands and features that you use to change
a document ? but remember that any changes that you make to Normal.dotm will
be applied to documents that you create in the future.
5. When you have finished, click the Microsoft Office Button
Button image
, and then click Save.
list end

 Note   If Normal.dotm is renamed, damaged, or moved, Word automatically
creates a new version (which uses the original default settings) the next
time
that you start Word. The new version will not include any of the
customizations that you made to the version that you renamed or moved.

Related Office Online discussions

Read related questions and answers from other Microsoft Office customers.
----

list of 4 items
? How do I change my Normal template?
? How do you set the default template for all new docs to "Draft"?
? My Normal .dot template was somehow edited, How do I fix it?
? Risk in deselecting prompt to save normal template in Word?
list end
See Also
list of 1 items
? Create your own template