Re: Word 2000 spell checker feedback

  • From: Jeanie Vejil <jvejil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:45:53 -0600

David, I tried refreshing the screen as you suggested, but it made no
difference.

It was also suggested by a person very well versed in JAWS that I try
changing my verbosity from beginner to advanced, or from advanced to
beginner, but I did that and it still has made no difference.

There is a place in Word 2000 I just checked to play sounds for various
functions of Word, if I understand it correctly, and I recieved a message
that I didn't have Office 2000 sounds installed and that I should point to
help and office on the web, or something like that, and I could install the
office 2000 sounds.  I believ I'll try installing them from my Word CD, and
I don't quite understand what difference this is going to make because if
it's going to play sounds, that's still not verbal feedback, which other
people are getting who use 98 SE and Word 2000.

I had Word 2000 on this computer before I had to have my C drive replaced,
and I didn't have this problem.

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Jeanie Vejil