Re: Winmx

  • From: Chris Cant <christopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:50:58 +0100

For more choices of the different type of files including mp3's music pictures movies or any thing you can think of, get yourselves a good news reader, all the files you can think of are in there domain in news groups, there's news clients like indeed free agent or my favorite news downloading program is power grab from
www.cosmicwollf.com
this is really powerful and the choices like i say of what you want is the best

if you sign up to a news server for 10 dollars per month you can have 20 gb's of downloads or what ever runs out first, I've bought a slice of www.easynews.com
20 gb's or per month, if you haven't downloaded 20 gb's worth then you don't pay until you've used them up!
and the server speeds are grate

Regards

Chris Cant.

At 02:25 02/10/2005, you wrote:
I know we all LOVE our free music, but if you're willing to pay for your downloads and don't mind the files being WMA as opposed to MP3, I'm finding MSN Music and BuyMusic.com seem to be very user-friendly with JAWS...Much better than Napster or Yahoo Music.

----- Original Message ----- From: <mailto:tippy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Tippy To: <mailto:jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:46 PM Subject: Re: Winmx

Michael,
As of September 13 it shut down because of law suits filed by the music companies. Even though it knows it's illegal to allow file sharing of music the way Win MX does it says after a move to a different country it will try to get up and running again in the future.
Tippy
PS as long as we're on the subject, does anybody know of another program like Win MX that is still working and is jaws friendly. Thanks for any information or help.