Windows vista and accessibility

  • From: Shan.Noyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 08:42:36 -0600

Happy new year everyone.

Just got back to reading my email and boy do i have a lot.

anyways the one that grabbed my attention was the email concerning
accessibility with windows vista.

I haven't looked at vista at all yet, but the email seemed to indicate
that there is a lot of problems trying to get accessibility software like
Jaws Magic etc to work with Vista.  Is this correct and does anyone know
how much work Microsoft is puttingin to getting access software to work
with it.  Don't want to be left behind when a new operating system comes
out like in the early days of graphical user interfaces.

The accessibility features that microsoft has built into their operating
system isn't bad, but they are just not as good as third party stuff like
Jaws etc...

looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

Have a good day.

Shan Noyes
S.C.S.A 7, S.C.S.A 8, GGSC-0200, GHTQ, GSIP
Technical Analyst - Corporate Security
SaskTel
Phone: 306-777-4830, Cell: 306-533-1440