Re: Windows Vista with jaws

  • From: "Nancy Shugart" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:13:23 -0500

Hi Ann,

No doubt, you will get a mixed review of Vista and Jaws working together.

I have been told that the next Jaws 9 update should fix the one big bug I'm
still encountering with Jaws and Vista.

But I will admit that I do regret buying a new computer last month with Vista.
I should have gotten it with XP.

I did, however, not allow Dell to install Office 2007 on the new computer.
Instead I installed Office 2003.
I have not heard of a single person yet, sighted or blind, who is having any
luck with Office 2007.
So I strongly encourage you to stay away from it.

If you are considering buying a new computer with Vista then you might consider
the following rumor that a friend of mine shared with me.  Granted, it's just a
rumor but he works for National Instruments, a high tech company who has not
installed Vista on a single system yet.

He wrote...

Current rumor has it that Microsoft will be replacing Vista with a new
operating system next year. Vista is being compared to the short lived Windows M
E operating system, which was affectionately referred to as Windows Mistake
Edition. Windows M E is number four on a list of the worst tech products ever
produced. I wonder where Vista is going to place. (L O L).

end of his message.

Nancy

"Courage is the capacity to hear what others say is impossible and believe you
are the one to make it happen." -Nancy Shugart
Prove them wrong and succeed anyway.  Visit...
http://www.provethemwrong.com