re: Windows Vista upgrade

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:35:49 -0700

Hi there,
Depends on the setup phase:
* If you are Clean installing or upgrading from previous Windows, then yes, it
is possible.
* If you are starting from stcratch (that is, starting your computer, inswting
the Vista DVD, formatting the hard disk and choosing Clean Install), then no,
you'll need sighted assistance until you get to "Enter User Name" screen.
In either case, once setup expxs the Vista image inside the DVD, a screen will
come up asking for your user name.  At this point, press Windows Key plus u to
activate "Ease of Access Center" and choose Narator checkbox and press SHIFT
Tab to go to Apply button.  You can then start setting up Vista using speech
alone.  Please bare in mind that you'll need a sound card that works without
any drivers installed (I recommend a USB sound card or speakers).
Cheers,
Joseph