Re: Windows Live Mail -- unread message status

  • From: Daniel McGee <mc-g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:50:22 +0000

Hello Robbert, I am guessing that you have the windows live mail  2011 version.
I have heard that microsoft in there intermit wisdom have introduced there
ribbon scheme. Which what I am about to tell you you might have to do some
hunting around because I haven'tdownloaded it yet.
In the 2009 version, when your in your list of email messages what I found out
from a podcast once I can't rmember where but was to go to the menu bar go to
tools arrow down till you hear "show or hide submenu" do a right arrow into
that. Now you need to look for the option called "hide red messages" enter on
this. What this does is gets rid of the messages that you have already
opened/viewed and only displays your unread messages. Note when you have
finished viewing your unread messages you need to go into this menu again and
change it back to "show red messages" Because you might forget and wonder why
"why arn't my old messages being seen with jaws.
I hope this helps you out a bit. I am sure that another person on this list who
has the latest version of wlm can help you find this option. If you come across
it your self I would be greatful if you could let this list know. It might
prove valuable info. I am sure that FS will address this with JAWS 12 in due
course when ever an update becomes avadable.
I seriously wonder though weather microsoft bover to try and make their
programmes more accessable because if they did make it more accessable then the
less the screenreaders have to do and the less of a challange it becomes for it
to work.
Daniel