Re: Windows Live Assentials with Jaws

  • From: Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 19:55:04 +0100

Hi, so your problem with messenger clearly isn’t a jaws issue. I think in the
help menu there is an option to check the status of the windows live server so
I’d maybe check that. If everything is OK and you know your internet is working
then check your firewall and makesure it’s not blocking messenger but I’d be
very surprised if it is. If that doesn’t help then try reinstalling just in
case. It usually gives you an error essage with a code I think so try googling
that.

As for reading the message status it’s a case of using INSERT V to get jaws to
read all graphics, then working out which graphic next to a message represents
the various message status such as attachments, read or unread, more messages
in thread etc. Then turn the JAWS cursor on and control and left arrow to the
grraphic which represents a message being unread and press INSERT G to bring up
the graphics labeller. and delete the number label. I leave read message
graphics blank. You’d then do the same gor the other graphics i.e. mark the
message your on as unread and you can label the graphic which appears as
unread. It’s quite easy to work out which is which but perhaps someone on the
list can post the graphics numbers as mine is setup so I now can’t get the
numbers. Once done, change jaws again to only read labelled graphics.

There is even a graphic which represents if a message thread is collapsed or
expanded etc so have a play.

Sorry I didn’t explain that very well. I know how to do it but explaining it in
a message is harder.

peter